The continued reduction of daylight will start impacting this ride.
Lights are a MUST for safety.
Join the Valley Velo group on Tuesday evenings! V2 is a group of mostly tri-athletes and earmark Tuesday nights as bike training rides. All rides are DROP rides, but each week we follow the same route so you can get yourself back if you get dropped.
FVBSC members have an open invitation to participate in the V2 rides as long as we follow their rules:
1. Taillights required
2. You are responsible for your front wheel. What this means basically is don't half wheel.
3. Communication! This is key, call out in road objects, when crossing streets and making turns.
4. Slow and complete stop if necessary at all stop signs.
5. No TT/Tri bikes. This is due to the position that they are ridden. It makes you less able to respond quickly. and can result in crashes.
6. No E-Bikes. E bikes can be unpredictable and offer and unfair advantage when on a climb. They can cause lots of surging in a group and pose a safety risk.
7. No crossing the yellow line!
THIS GROUP IS EXTREMELY PUNCTUAL ... BE READY TO ROLL BY 6PM
Group A (Pat Murphy Leader) - 35 miles @ 23+ MPH
Group B (Christine Schirtzinger Leader) - 35 miles @ 20-22 MPH
Group B/C (Wally Moran Leader) - 27 miles @ 18-19 MPH
Group C (Patrick Dillon Leader) - 18 miles @ 14-16 MPH
35 Mile Route (Garmin)
35 Mile Route (RWGPS)
27 Mile Route (Garmin)
27 Mile Route (RWGPS)
18 Mile Route (RWGPS)
26 Mile Route ALT (RWGPS)