FVBSC COVID-19 GROUP RIDE GUIDELINES
- In accordance with the Restore Illinois Phase 3 guidelines, each group shall consist of no more than 10 cyclists, which includes one leader and nine riders.
- Riders must adhere to social distancing.
- Riders may elect to wear a mask while riding - this is a personal decision. However, you must bring a mask with you to wear at any rest stop.
- Riders may be club members and/or guests (guests are required to sign the standard club waiver).
- Riders are required to RSVP to the leader by 8pm the night before a ride. This gives the ride leader sufficient time to assess the number of interested riders. If more than the maximum number of riders RSVP, the leader can either: A-turn away the extra riders; or B-locate a second/sub leader for a second group. If a second group is formed, that group may use the same route as the original group but will stagger a start.
Rest & Meal Stop Guidelines:
Rest and meal stops follow the Restore Illinois Phase 3 guidelines, in addition to whatever stipulations the facility has outlined for its patrons. When entering facilities, riders will be required to wear a mask to place the order and use the facilities, and food must be eaten outside in a socially distant manner. Some outlets may require guests to pay with a credit card instead of cash.
- Leaders must follow the FVBSC Group Ride guidelines.
- Leaders may elect to allow less than 9 riders per group.
- Leaders will review guidelines with riders at the start.
- Leaders should spell out as many details of the ride as possible in the event listing, particularly if it will traverse areas that may be congested such as the local trails. Riders need as much information as possible to assess the social distancing aspect of the ride.
- Leaders may request or identify a sub leader in the event listing.